I’ve always had a planner ever since I can remember. Sometimes it was a small one from papemelroti. This time my brother Robert gave me a bigger one with lots of space. Although I had a lots to put in my planner, I knew if it looked boring, I would tire of it, and not check on my schedule and to do list.
So I decided to “pretty” up my planner. I now use it not only to slow my day down when I”m stressed, but also to practice my calligraphy and make doodles. I totally love my planner now, and I really use it. It’s never ignored!!!
I write down not only my schedule and to do list, but it’s got my list of things to buy, people to call, email or text. I’ve got quotations and pictures in it, reminders to dream, be kind, etc. It would be good if I would put my goals for the week, the month and the year too!
To decorate my planner I use:
– Craft Cuts, Stickers and embelishments from papemelroti and other places!
– Lots of downloadable designs on the internet
– Washi tapes
– Rubber stamps
– Lace, and little bits of fabric
– Cut-outs from magazines-letters, pictures, tags, etc.
– Post it notes
– Different colored and thicknesses of pens
My tips (which you don’t have to follow!!!)
– Don’t make your planner too precious that you get stumped with what to do with it. Have fun! That’s the rule!
– Use colors to unify a page. Look for the same colors or color complements. Or maybe a theme for the week?
– Try to minimize your expenses! Look for creative ways to decorate your planner. Try exchanging embellishments with others who decorate planners or use scrapbook materials. I like cutting out things from magazines and brochures.
– Learn how to do modern calligraphy based on the way you write.
– The more we doodle, the better we will get at drawing outlines, lacy frames, etc.
– Get inspiration from Pinterest and Instagram. Lots!!